Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Train Birthday

Summer is almost over and my favorite season is approaching. Also approaching is the boys' 2nd birthday! As I plan the party my mind drifts back 2 years, when I was in the hospital on bedrest. Sitting in my bed, looking out the window, I marked the passing days by the change in the color of leaves, then watching them fall, more and more falling each day.
While the time in bed was slow, the past 2 years have sped by. The boys talk more and more each day, which thrills us. They are growing so fast! For their party I am planning a train theme, which they love; 'choo choo train' is one of their favorite things. I shall attempt making a train engine cake, attached to a small sheet cake with their names, candles, and "happy birthday" on it, which will also be attached to a train caboose cake. I also plan to gather a collection of cardboard boxes of various sizes, which I will decorate to be a train for the backyard; I think the boys will love to play in it.
This is so much fun, planning birthdays. I only have a few more before they will have their own ideas for the party they want, and I plan to get the most enjoyment possible out of the experience. I can already imagine the look of excitement and thrill on their faces when they look outside and see a train, just their size, that they can play in!! I will have to capture that on camera for sure.
Bringing my ideas to fruit will be my focus for the next few weeks and I can't wait to get started. :)

2 comments:

SongbirdMama said...

Awwww.....they grow up so fast, don't they. I'm gonna have a teenager come spring time. EEP!!!

Peggy said...

Yay 2!! Great age:) A train birthday is an awesome idea!! My twins love trains, especially my son.