Sunday, May 1, 2011

One Moment

I hate that one moment...that final moment of blissful ignorance that precedes the world crumbling. I was sitting here tonight, thinking about our political parties and what they stand for (am I the only one who doesn't know whom they will vote for the night before the vote??) while someone I love was being rushed to the hospital, in pain and alone. Now that I know, I look back on that moment before the phone rang with bile in my throat.

Jons' grandpa, who has always been like my own, is in the hospital tonight in emergency surgery. I wish I could be there by his side, so he could have someone with him who loves him. I wish I could tell him I love him, and to stay strong!! To pull through the surgery because he has made it through so much in his life, he can't let this little thing get him down! To pull through because I'm not ready to let him go yet.

So many things running through my head, like why didn't we make it out last year to refinish grandpa's deck? Or to go fishing? How could we let life get in the way of being with those we love?? If this surgery goes well we have another chance to spend time together...to tell this wonderfully cantankerous old man how much he means to me....to let my boys get to know their Great-Grandfather.

Come on Grandpa Dave!! I'm thinking of you, praying for you, as I know others are.

Political parties?!?! SERIOUSLY! I think I'm gonna throw up.

No comments: