Friday, August 29, 2008

Autumn Greatness

Ahhhh...autumn will soon be here! My very favorite time of year! I love everything about this wonderful season...the beautiful colors leaves take before they fall, the crisp air and deep blue skies, the scent of backyard bonfires demolishing piles of leaves and brush. I love back to school displays, gorgeous sweaters, and autumn rain. I absolutely LOVE Thanksgiving, pumpkins, and gardens having been dug up for winter now filled with silky soil. Halloween is one of my favorite nights of the year, with children in costume and parties at school, and of course CANDY!! Carving jack-o-lanterns while watching scary movies is one of my favorite traditions ever.
I can't really explain how this season makes me feel inside... a breath of fresh, crisp air fills me with happiness and peace. I just soak it all in and wish for it to never end! Although, I have to wonder if it WAS autumn all the time, would I have the same passion for it??

No comments: