Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Here She Goes Again

Summer is almost over, and I must say I can't wait. Sure, I enjoy hot weather and endless summer days, when I am on vacation. Day to day real life, however, is not enjoyable in suffocating heat, humidity plastering me with a slimy second skin. I do not like hauling laundry up stairs and needing a shower after. Laying in bed at night tossing and turning, trying to sleep, needing to sleep, but its too damn hot to sleep. Bugs? No thank you. I wasn't made for summer heat.

I was made for autumn! I have posted before on my love for that season, so I shall spare you this time. But I will say that yesterday I saw the first yellow leaves and my heartbeat quickened. It's coming! With this autumn my boys will turn 3. With this autumn we hope to make another trip over the mountains to visit family, and I won't even get started on the beauty of that fall drive! With this coming autumn we will be greeting the 3rd baby into our family. HA - that is so not true, I just wanted to make sure you were awake. I do tend to ramble on about my favorite time of year.

This autumn I will have a car! Yes, as soon as we get the out-of-province inspection done I will have my own vehicle. Woo Hoo!! I am so excited. After years of sharing my husbands car, waiting until he was off work, asking to borrow it.... well no more. I have my own! The first plan I have is to head south to visit my brothers, and some friends I haven't seen for years and years. I am really looking forward to this trip.

As I bake in the heat and marinade in the humidity, I think of this coming autumn and all the fun and beauty that lie in store. For all of you who worship summer, heat and everything that goes with it, I understand your point of view... when I am on holidays. :)

(I hope this will post; I haven't been able to post on my blog for almost two months ... this computer just keeps asking me to save it first and I don't know how to fix this! but I'll try again anyway... )

No comments: