Sunday, January 25, 2009

So Sorry

I am so confuzed right now. I guess I figured most people want honesty, and of course we are all entitled to our own opinions. I have lost some dear friends in my lifetime because I gave my honest opinion of whatever current situation there was at the time. This confuzes me because if I wasn't a real friend, wouldn't I just state whatever was expected of one to say in agreement?? Isn't a true friend someone who can honestly state their own opinion, aside from the friendship?

Perhaps I am WAY off base though. Maybe it was and is a question of tact, and concern for others' feelings that I should have given heed to. Perhaps stating an honest opinion isn't what is always needed, but consideration for the others' position. It is possible to disagree and remain friends.

With that said, I want to sincerely apologize to my friend. I was trying to give an honest opinion, but now realize it wasn't what was needed. I lost sight of the emotions conveyed while I was given to the shock of the chosen words. Reading over my comment I can see it as accusatory now. I, however, do NOT accuse my friend of something that aweful. I know she is not!! I understand where you are coming from, and I can appreciate your position on this. Please accept my apology.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No worries,Karen! Of course I want honesty,especially from my friends.Our friendship is important to me, your my friend and nothing will change that! Love always!!
Chantal