Monday, January 9, 2012

Calendars

     I love calendars.  The calendars with scenic photographs are my favorite, which we have right now courtesy our realitor.  Last years' was animal pictures, very cute but not as inspiring to me as a good seashore, meadow, or mountainside. 
     The January picture for our scenic calendar is a beautiful mountain meadow with frost on all the trees, feet of snow, a blue sky and sunshine.  Breathtaking.  This year I like the view outside my window much better though!  I can see half our brown lawn, and the other half is only crusted with a thin layer of icy snow.  Normally at this time of year we have feet of snow, like my calendar...not fun. 
      Another reason I love calendars is filling out a new one.  Placing birthdays, anniversaries, special events in the squares is a relaxing task for me and gives me a minute to think about every person I hold dear to my heart.  I also like filling out forms though...so maybe I just like the feel of a pen and paper ? 
      Ahhh calendars are great.  I would actually stop functioning if I couldn't look to my kitchen wall and know what day it was.  I also keep them.  Strange?  Maybe so.  I only have as far back as the year my boys were born, though.  After 4 or 5 years I do chuck them, but I like to keep them and once in a blue moon look back at them and remember...'oh yeah, we did that,' or 'I remember that day'.  Like a journal, of which I have 2 currently (personal and family) - not to mention this blog.  I don't write every day though, in any of them!! 
     

No comments: