Thursday, January 5, 2012

      Well well.  I haven't been here in a while.  Shame.  I actually almost quit my blog;  I was waiting for a new printer so I could print off all my posts and compile them in a journal.  I have this thing where I compare myself to everyone else and I have some great friends who happen to be great writers.  Every time I opened this site with a post in mind I would read others' and decide mine just wasn't good enough, and on to other things I went.  Stupid, right?  But who doesn't compare themself to others?  One of the things I am working on is believing I am ok just the way I am!  It can be tough.  I shall give this blog yet another try.

       Happy New Year everyone!  This year brought so many changes for my husband and I.  I am almost scared to write about them in case I don't keep up on my goals, then I just look the fool.  But here it is.  Jonny bought me Georges St. Pierre's training camp called RushFit for Christmas (before the hackles get up, I really REALLY wanted it and asked for it, he wasn't being an insensitive man).  So we are doing this 8 week beginner program together. 

      We have quit smoking, quit coffee, quit fast food (SO hard!!)...we are eating more super foods, healthy foods, fruits and vegetables.  It has been 4 days so far, which is nothing in the grand scheme of things.  BUT I feel better, have more energy, breath easier, wheeze less... it is good.  I miss the smoking, Jon and I have always smoked together and now it's so strange to not smoke, especially when we are having a discussion about something.  And coffee...I am seriously addicted to coffee.  I am having a hard time without it.  I know I can do it though!  And will give this 100%.

      The workouts are tough!  I mean, this guy is a Ultimate Fighting Champion...these workouts are designed mostly for those wanting to get into fighting condition, but they are also for those who desire to cut weight and get in shape.  Jonny and I are having fun, working hard, and doing it together.  I love it.

       I have noticed that this is mostly a mental game with me.  During the course of a day I go back and forth repeatedly between feeling great and happy, to wanting a smoke and a Timmy's and forget getting in shape!!  It's so hard, but nothing worth having is easy.  I love that Jon is doing this with me, and we can back eachother up. 
 
       That's my New Year's resolution, to get in shape and be healthy and happy.  Good luck to me and Jonny!!  I know we can do it, but I have started and quit so many things over the years...  so yeah, good luck to us. 

    Oh yeah, and we also have two short guys rooting for us, they've been asking us to quit smoking for a couple of years now and finally we are doing it.  Feels great not letting them down every time I step outside!
        

1 comment:

SongbirdMama said...

YAY! Nice to hear from you again. And congrats on the smoking. My husband was a smoker for like 30 years before he quit. You guys can do it. And I'm totally with you on the getting in shape thing. I lost almost 40 pounds last year and would like to do the same this year.

Keep it up. You guys are a great example to your boys!!