Friday, October 3, 2008

Seven

This is 7 random facts or secrets about me, as seen on Just Because. Now let's see if I can recall any...

1. I have no idea what a tag is, or how to do it. I don't know much about computers at all, and the fact I am able to create a blog is a small victory for me.

2. I really love Doo-Wop music...always have. I don't think anyone knows that about me...it's not that I am embarrassed or anything, it just doesn't come up in everyday conversation. "hey, heard any good doo-wop lately?"

3. I only feel old when my body is sore. Other than that, I still feel like I'm in my early 20's. Is that wierd? I know time is passing, but I don't feel it passing for me...

4. I hate the circus. When I was small I learned about shame at the circus. We went with my aunt and uncle, and I overheard them arguing about money and the fact my parents didn't send us along with enough. I felt total and complete shame for the very first time in my life. Now that I am an adult with kids of my own, I can imagine how frustrating it would have been to take 3 extra kids along to the circus (or any expensive kid attraction) with not enough money. Especially when kids want what all the other kids have. But back then it was horrible to hear them fighting and knowing the cause.
This may or may not also have been the start of my fear of clowns; I don't remember what happened that gave me this phobia, but it surely could have been a circus-related experience.

5. One of my most favorite memories ever is of my parents whenever we would go camping. Late at night, all of us tucked in to our blankets or sleeping bags in the trailer or camper, I would lie awake and hear my parents quietly whispering...my dad would whisper something and my mom would giggle like crazy. My dad would whisper something else, and they would both giggle. I have no idea what they were talking about, but I loved hearing those sounds.

6. I have a love affair- with caramel. I love it. Can't get enough of it. Yummy.

7. I let fear hold me back from so many things. There is me, with dreams and passions to pursue, and there is a giant black ball shackled to my ankle with the letters F E A R plastered to it. And I don't understand people who say they want to go for something and then actually go for it. It's foreign to me.

Well that's it-7. You might have already known those things about me, or not... hope it was good reading anyway.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love doo wop music!! A tag is basically just a game of tag. Someone posts something like this on their blog,and "tags" so and so..then that person does it and tags someone else. Saying your tagged is like saying "your it!". Thats the only way I know how to explain it. I had no clue what a tag was at first either. Then after reading blog after blog I finally realized what it was!!! Your circus story is sad!! And hey, unshackle yourself from the
F-E-A-R!!!!! You can do it.