Sunday, November 2, 2008

Slow as Molasses

I can't seem to get moving today. I have so much to do, and just can't get started. Maybe it's the size of my list; overwhelming and keeping me stuck in one place. My plan was to have the majority of our packing done by a few days before we move, leaving only a few things out that we need, in order to eliminate stress. Well, looking over my list is sure STRESSFUL, and I can't get going on it!

It is hard first of all to pack with small children; OK let me backtrack ~ first of all it is hard to PACK. Then throw in small children that demand time, energy and care, and it's difficult to pack. Usually I try to rush and pack as much as I can while they are napping, therefore eliminating the many MANY halts in the process to check on whatever the boys have gotten into. Today however, I just can't move my feet. I can see some late nights on the horizon, after the boys go to bed instead of relaxing with a book (one of my very favorite pastimes) I will be packing and preparing for the move.

As for today, I might just stay stuck in this cement and pay more attention to my boys. They are a pretty cute distraction!


No comments: