Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Awww...good times...

Yesterday we reached a milestone that I have been waiting for. We traded in our rear-facing carseats for forward-facing ones!!!! HURRAY!!!! No more lugging around carseats...no more sweating like crazy just from loading the babies in the car...no more, no more, NO MORE!!! I LOVE our new, sleek seats and I love the fact that we can now see our kids in the back! They love it too. They have more room, more comfort, and still a five-point harness for safety. It's WONDERFUL!!!!
There is a kind of freedom in leaving behind the car seat. A graduation of sorts. The old days of the rear-facing seat are gone, the boys big enough and old enough to sit forward like big boys!! I looked at the old seats for a minute before storing them in the basement. They have been a huge part of the last year and a half of our lives. Before the babies came I would stare at those seats, just filled with anticipation at finally placing babies in them and setting out on adventures. My eyes filled with stars, dreaming of babies and baby things, wondering what our boys would be like, look like, act like....I stared at those seats. When the NICU nurse phoned us and announced we could finally pick our babies up and bring them home...we excitedly put the seats in the car and took off, so ready to use those beautiful car seats!!! Now???? Well, lets just say we had a good ride. I don't care to strap the babies in and lug those things around any more!!! While I did gain some killer muscles in my arms, I am done. Finally!! WOO HOO!!!!

1 comment:

SongbirdMama said...

YAY!!!! I'm sure the boys are in heaven being able to look at the world in a whole new way.